- “Seminar on Rural Development and Poverty Reduction for Youth from the SA Government’s DRDLR Rural Development Programs” Concluded in Beijing
- IPRCC Deputy Director General Led a Delegation to Attend the 9th Edition of the International Seminar on Social Policies for Development
- “Seminar on Rural Development and Poverty Reduction for Youth from the SA Government’s DRDLR Rural Development Programs” Convened in Beijing
- Tripartite Review Meeting on UNDP Projects 2014 Successfully Held
- IPRCC Hosted the 1st Lecture on Study Exchange in 2014
- Deputy Director Zheng Wenkai Met with Mogens Jensen
- “Key Technologies of Anti-Poverty Spatial Information System and Their Application” Project Group Reported Work Progress
- IPRCC Hosted the 1st Lecture on Staff Capacity Building in 2014
- For a World without Poverty——IPRCC Going Global
- China marks Int'l Day for Eradication of Poverty
- IPRCC’s Celebrity Forum (6): Multidimensional Poverty Measurement-Overview and national implementations.
- How can IPRCC make greater contribution to South-South Cooperation
- Five Year Work Report of IPRCC (2005-2010) Speaker：Mr. Xu Hui, Director General of IPRCC
Events in Focus
China has become an important actor in global development with a crucial role in the process of achieving Millennium Development Goals. Since Poverty reduction and development have become essential issues for developing countries, it provides a new channel for strengthening China-Africa exchange and collaboration to share China’s poverty reduction approaches and experiences. Aimed to facilitate collaboration and communication in poverty reduction development field between China and Africa, and to strengthen China-Africa relationship, IPRCC and UNDP have jointly organized a number of events, workshops and courses on China-Africa poverty reduction and development issues.
The first China-Africa Poverty Reduction and Development Conference was held on 1-3 November 2010 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This event was co-organized by UNDP, IPRCC and the Government of Ethiopia. The conference brought together participants of decision-makers, practitioners, leading academics from across the African Continent, China, international organizations, and public and private sectors. Ms. Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator and Mr. Zheng Wenkai, Deputy Director of LGOP addressed the opening ceremony and made speech. H.E. Meles Zenawi, Prime Minister of Ethiopia made a theme speech. The conference aimed to deepen understanding of poverty reduction development approach and experience from China and other emerging economies; to enrich and broaden policy discussions towards compelling poverty alleviation strategies in Africa; to help Africa identify and bring to the table new ideas to explore and formulate new method of poverty reduction; and to facilitate collaboration on important policy issues including south-south cooperation, agriculture, social protection, and public private partnerships.
Key Issues Around the World
Updates of BoT Members
- UNDP and International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation unite to fight poverty in the Arab world
- Catching up on schooling in South Sudan
- South Sudan Doubles Primary Enrollments, but Must Stop Dropouts, Boost Learning, and Reach More Poor Rural Children
- Food Prices Are Soaring: 5 Questions for Economist José Cuesta
- Is working a privilege in the Middle East & North Africa? Who is most affected by MENA’s Joblessness Trap?
- ADB Helps People's Republic of China Plan Carbon Capture and Storage Road Map
- New World Bank Sourcebook Advocates Engaging Stakeholders as Allies for Pollution Management
- China-Africa Poverty Reduction and Development Conference:Promoting Employment and Sustainable Development Will be Held on 8-11 July, 2013 in Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, P.R. China
- IPRCC Seminar Series- Frontiers in Development Studies：Reflections on China’s Growing Role as an Actor in International Development