- Deputy Director General He Xiaojun Met with AFD Country Director for China
- “Seminar on Poverty Reduction Strategies for Nigerian Officials in 2013” Held in Beijing
- AFDC Director General Visited IPRCC
- “Seminar on MDGs and Sustainable Poverty Reduction for Developing Countries in 2013” Concluded in Beijing
- IPRCC Held Talks with UNDP on Promoting China-Laos Cooperation on Poverty Reduction
- “Seminar on Grassland Ecological Compensation and Livelihood of Herders” Held in Beijing
- IPRCC Sent Staff to the Seminar on Comprehensive Early Childhood Development for the Poor Children
- LGOP Director Li Chunguang Met with Oxfam Hong Kong Director General Dr. Stephen Fisher
- For a World without Poverty——IPRCC Going Global
- China marks Int'l Day for Eradication of Poverty
- IPRCC’s Celebrity Forum (6): Multidimensional Poverty Measurement-Overview and national implementations.
- How can IPRCC make greater contribution to South-South Cooperation
- Five Year Work Report of IPRCC (2005-2010) Speaker：Mr. Xu Hui, Director General of IPRCC
Events in Focus
China has become an important actor in global development with a crucial role in the process of achieving Millennium Development Goals. Since Poverty reduction and development have become essential issues for developing countries, it provides a new channel for strengthening China-Africa exchange and collaboration to share China’s poverty reduction approaches and experiences. Aimed to facilitate collaboration and communication in poverty reduction development field between China and Africa, and to strengthen China-Africa relationship, IPRCC and UNDP have jointly organized a number of events, workshops and courses on China-Africa poverty reduction and development issues.
The first China-Africa Poverty Reduction and Development Conference was held on 1-3 November 2010 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This event was co-organized by UNDP, IPRCC and the Government of Ethiopia. The conference brought together participants of decision-makers, practitioners, leading academics from across the African Continent, China, international organizations, and public and private sectors. Ms. Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator and Mr. Zheng Wenkai, Deputy Director of LGOP addressed the opening ceremony and made speech. H.E. Meles Zenawi, Prime Minister of Ethiopia made a theme speech. The conference aimed to deepen understanding of poverty reduction development approach and experience from China and other emerging economies; to enrich and broaden policy discussions towards compelling poverty alleviation strategies in Africa; to help Africa identify and bring to the table new ideas to explore and formulate new method of poverty reduction; and to facilitate collaboration on important policy issues including south-south cooperation, agriculture, social protection, and public private partnerships.
Key Issues Around the World
Updates of BoT Members
- Catching up on schooling in South Sudan
- South Sudan Doubles Primary Enrollments, but Must Stop Dropouts, Boost Learning, and Reach More Poor Rural Children
- Food Prices Are Soaring: 5 Questions for Economist José Cuesta
- Is working a privilege in the Middle East & North Africa? Who is most affected by MENA’s Joblessness Trap?
- ADB Helps People's Republic of China Plan Carbon Capture and Storage Road Map
- New World Bank Sourcebook Advocates Engaging Stakeholders as Allies for Pollution Management
- A Changing Europe and Its Relations with China